You can prepare these cookies a week ahead and store them in an airtight container at room temperature.
3 dozen cookies of approximately 3 inches
- 3 cups All Purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 8 Tb. (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 Tb. vegetable oil
- 1 Tb. of Cinnamon KAMA CBD oil Broad Spectrum
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup molasses
- Royal Icing (for decoration)
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and position the racks in the top and bottom.
- Strain the baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, flour, allspice, salt, pepper and clove into a medium bowl with the help of a wire sieve.
- Beat the butter, vegetable shortening and KAMA Broad spectrum CBD oil in a large bowl with a hand-held electric mixer at high speed for almost a minute until all the ingredients are well- combined.
- Add brown sugar and beat it until the mixture is light in color and texture for about 2 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs and molasses. Gradually blend this mixture in the flour mixture using a wooden spoon and make a stiff dough.
- Divide the dough into two disks and wrap each disk in a plastic wrap. Refrigerate the dough until chilled (about 3 hours). The dough can be prepared 2 days ahead.
- If you roll the dough thin, it will bake crisp and cracker-like cookies and when rolled thick, the cookies will be plump and moist. So you can make it as you like.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and let it stand under room temperature for about 10 minutes. This makes it warm enough to roll out without cracking.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured work surface and sprinkle the top of the dough with flour and make sure it doesn’t stick to the surface
- Cut out the cookies with cookie cutters and transfer them to baking paper one inch apart from other.
- Knead the scraps together and form another disk then refrigerate disk/s for another 5 minutes before to cutting out more cookies.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes. Let the cookies cool for two minutes and then transfer them to the wire racks to cool completely.
- Wait 10 minutes before you decorate the cookies with Royal Icing.